Day Trips in Guatemala:
Livingston and Castillo San Felipe
Visit two of the most popular attractions in the Rio Dulce area on Guatemala's Caribbean coast!
The town of Livingston is Guatemala's only Garifuna settlement and has a unique ambiance that you won't find anywhere else in Guatemala. Laid-back and relaxed, Livingston will remind you more of a Caribbean island than of Latin America.
Castillo San Felipe is an old Spanish fort on the north shore of Lake Izabal. Originally built in the late 16th century to protect the area from Caribbean pirates, Castillo San Felipe was repeatedly destroyed and rebuilt until it was abandoned in the late 18th century. The fort was reconstructed according to original construction plans in the 1950s and has become a popular destination with travelers and Guatemalans alike.
Our tours include:
- Shuttle by boat from Santo Tomas or Puerto Barrios to Livingston
- Tour of the Rio Dulce Canyon
- Visit of Castillo San Felipe
- Return by boat down the Rio Dulce to Santo Tomas or Puerto Barrios
- Lunch over the water of the Rio Dulce (not included in the tour price)
1-2 passengers: US$ 350.00
3 passengers: US$ 375.00
4 passengers: US$ 400.00
5-8 passengers: US$ 450.00
9-10 passengers: US$ 500.00