Adventure Tours in Guatemala and Belize:
Diving in Belize
Belize is certainly not among the largest countries on the American continent, but nonetheless it boasts an incredible array of attractions and is visited by a large number of watersports enthusiasts year after year.
With a length of 300 km (190 miles) the Belize Barrier Reef is the largest barrier reef in the Americas and the second largest in the world after Australia's Great Barrier Reef. 65 different species of coral and more than 300 species of fish make it the most diverse ecosystem in the Caribbean.
Visit the Sapodilla Cayes, a group of islands at the southern end of the Belize Barrier Reef, on board Las Sirenas, a 40 ft catamaran that has been operating in the waters of eastern Guatemala and southern Belize since 1990. An experienced and helpful crew will take you to the best spots, where you can swim, dive and snorkel to explore a fascinating world above and under water.
The water in the area is crystal clear and visibility can reach up to 50 meters (160 ft). You will see an incredibly varied ecosystem with all kinds of marine life — from tiny invertebrates to whale sharks!
Diving the Belize Barrier Reef is a unique experience you will remember for the rest of your life! An experienced local divemaster will accompany you at all times to guide you and keep you out of harm's way.
Las Sirenas leaves Rio Dulce for Belize every other Friday and returns the following Thursday. See the diving calendar for departure dates.
Don't miss this great opportunity to spend an unforgettable week sailing on Las Sirenas and diving the Belize Barrier Reef and Islands!
Tours including a sailboat trip on Las Sirenas:
- The Caribbean Experience: Tour of the Rio Dulce and the Belize Barrier Reef & Islands" (7 days)
- Sailing at its best! Spend seven days on our sailboat Las Sirenas to the Belize Barrier Reef and Islands.
- "The Caribbean Experience" and Tikal (10 days)
- Spend seven days on our sailboat Las Sirenas to the Belize Barrier Reef and Islands and visit Tikal.
- Maya Guatemala and "The Caribbean Experience" (14 days)
- Visit Antigua, Lake Atitlan, Chichicastenango, Tikal and spend seven days on our sailboat Las Sirenas to the Belize Barrier Reef and Islands.
- Maya Guatemala and "The Caribbean Experience" (21 days)
- The grand tour of Guatemala plus seven relaxing days on our sailboat Las Sirenas to the Belize Barrier Reef and Islands.
- More tour packages ...