Resources for Travelers:
Websites about Guatemala and Central America
- James Wharram Designs
- Check out James Wharram's Polynesian style catamarans.
- La Casa de Don David
- A very nice hotel on the lake near Tikal National Park. With modern rooms from US$20 to US$30. Also tours to Tikal and area. Contact: email@example.com.
- Finca Ixobel in Poptun, Peten
- Guest cottages, private rooms, dorms, tree-houses & camping. Eco-tours: caving, horseback riding, swimming, tubing, jungle trips & treks.
- Ixchel Spanish School
- One of the leading Spanish schools in Antigua Guatemala offering intensive one-on-one courses for students of all levels, special courses for professionals, family homestay and cultural activities.
- Casa Guatemala
- Home for orphaned, abandoned, or abused children located on the banks of the Rio Dulce in beautiful Guatemala.
- Chimino's Island Lodge
- Neat mahogany bungalows in Punta de Chimino, on the beautiful Petexbatun Lagoon in the southeastern Peten, Guatemala's jungle region.
- Ixbalanque Spanish School
- The oldest and most prestigious Spanish school in Honduras. Located in Copan Ruinas, only half a mile from the Mayan ruins, Ixbalanque offers immersion courses with homestay, activities and volunteer work opportunities.
- Maya Expeditions
- White-water rafting on Guatemala's many rivers. It's a jungle out there and you will float right through it!
- Lonely Planet
- Lonely Planet has guide books on just about any destination in the world and their Guatemala guide is one of the best there is. Highly recommended!
- Moon Guides
Moon travel guides are the perfect companions for overseas travel, living abroad, city exploration, adventure travel, road trips and domestic U.S. travel. Moon.com is an online travel destination guide with maps, tips, trip ideas, activities and book previews.
- The Guatemalan Institute of Tourism.